Monday, October 4, 2010

I've sure enjoyed this past week having Kelley home with me....its kind of been like a second honeymoon for us... just back to the two of us again. I feel like I'm getting to know him all over again...let's just say he is like an onion...lots of layers. And peeling those layers is no easy task. I am learning new things about him that help me understand why he is what he is!
Getting to know him the way I do now, I love him a hundred times more than I did when we went on our first honeymoon.
We went up fishing on Monday. It was a beautiful day! The mountains were brilliant with the bright yellow leaves.










Kelley had talked to Steve Larsen on Sunday at Nick's farewell ( an amazing meeting!...Nick did such a good job and gave a great talk on service, (told a sweet story about Kelley teaching him how to give real service) and President Taggart gave a wonderful talk too! I love to listen to him talk. He gave us some good advice that I'm going to try to remember. He said it was the council he used for pretty much everybody that comes into his office with a problem. This is what you do: First, repent
Next, forgive
Then, give it over to the Lord.
He said that will take care of any problem you have...even if YOU have done nothing wrong, if you follow these steps, things will work out the way they are supposed to and you won't have to carry that burden any longer.)
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes Steve's fishing tips...
He told Kelley that they had just been using a worm and fishing in the shallow area up the narrows...and had been catching them as fast as they could throw the line out!
So we tried that. Didn't work so good for us. We stayed over there and ate our lunch and enjoyed the beautiful scenery up through there...the pine trees mixed with the yellow leaves were really something to see!
So after that we went over to the ledges and all the sudden the fish finder went crazy! It had found a whole herd of fish down there, so we started fishing right there. I caught the first one...a real nice big one. Then I caught another one but it was a chub. Very sad! Kelley had to smack it over the head and kill it! I was like WHY????
He said it's the law that you have to get rid of them if you catch them cause they are the reason they had to totally kill off the fish in Strawberry and start new....Anyway, I had to just not watch that.
The lake was really strange the day we were there. Kelley said it had "turned" which means all the gunk and algae and slime off the bottom had risen up to the top. You couldn't even see in the water at all. He said it's like that for a few weeks in the spring and in the fall.
We just kind of hung out in that area where all the fish were and pretty soon Kelley caught a big rainbow. It was a real fun day!






1 comment:

Angie said...

I love fall so much! I am glad you were able to get out and do something fun. My mom tells me the same thing about my dad. Guys must all be onions:)I am not sure they are on their 2nd honeymoon though! Glad you have Kelley he is one in a million but so are you! love ya