Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall fun



Just a few things from the last few days...Kitty surprise I made for Candice...turned out pretty cute!



Went to the famers market ( last day today!) with Candice and Aaron. It was a real nice day and we had a good time taking in all the sights, sounds and smells.


Always good dog watching (poor thing)



Piano guy playing scary Halloween music

I came across this booth and had to stop and talk to them. Found out they were from Willard and had a big farm there. I figured they must be from Willard...there are a lot of Braeggers up there...we are all related...probably second or third cousins. We tried to figure out relatives that we would both know and he said his grampa was related to the old mayor of providence...hey that's my uncle Clyde! Small world. He was really nice and sold Candice and Aaron pumpkins for a good price. Lots of squash, pumpkins, peppers, and tomatos.
A guy approached Candice and asked her about her tattoo. Then he wanted her to read his book about spiritual enlightenment...she was like.....uh, no thank you.. but he wouldn't leave her alone till she took it. We were looking at it on the way home...pretty crazy stuff. I think she liked some of the ideas though because they think in the next life all the people who kill animals will be killed by the animals that they killed. Very strange ideas about the food chain. Creepy pictures. I think they are krishna believers.

Oh well, I guess it takes all kinds...and the farmers market is just the place to find them.









Huge labradoodle



Yesterday we went up fishing for the afternoon with Dan and Brenda. It was sure a beautiful day! They decided to try the new technique the guide had told them about and it worked!
I think Brenda ended up catching the most!
We had a real nice time....hate for fishing season to be over!






Boy as soon as the sun went down, it got cold! We got the boat all tidied up then Brenda and I headed for their truck and turned on the heater!
We stopped at Cafe Rio in American fork on the way home for dinner. While we were standing in line, I started having a terrible hot flash. I had never had one like that before and it kind of scared me. I got all shaky and the sweat was just pouring off me. What the heck?
Since I've been taking this amberin stuff I have felt a lot better and haven't had hardly any hot flashes or night sweats, but that was a doozy.
Getting older stinks....but then I guess it's better than the alternative!
Kelley decided that today was the day to clean out the pond....It was clogged up with so much moss the water wasn't even flowing anymore. It was really wierd wavy thick moss that had grown right into the rocks. I held the net while he scraped it off the best he could, then he used the power washer.








Then he cleaned out the pump and worked some magic on it so now it runs like a champ.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the kitty you made Candice so cute! how fun and interesting to go to the farmers market. I am glad you were able to get one more fishing trip in. Its been really nice weather here hope its the same there. love ya