Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Candice!

My little girl is all grown up...24- yes I said 24 years old!
We got together at a place called 'The Vertical Diner' that is a favorite place of Candices'. (food- not bad...( totally vegan), interesting people(lots of dred locks) a very nice waitress, and loud Reggie music....We saw the live band come in and get set up but left before they started playing. I'm sorry I missed that! Really!
Aaron, Meg and Ryder came to celebrate with us. Very fun!I made this vegan cake (vanilla cake with raspberry filling (fabulous!) and butter cream frosting)...kind of a disaster, (the top layer slid off on the way there) but I think she appreciated my efforts. Angie sent her a box of cat treats ...Candice was pretty excited about that! Super thoughtful of Her!


I was all excited when the UPS guy pulled up and he left two boxes on my front porch. I had ordered Candice a magic bullet...(yes the infomercial sucked me in) Candice had told me she really wanted a nice blender and this new bullet came with a blender and a juicer! Plus to make it even more irresistible, you got TWO of them for the price of one! HA! Now I will have one too! ( Mine died the other day and I respectfully laid it to rest...it really is amazing!)
Anyway, the magic bullet was not in either of the boxes...one was the cute gift from Angie, and the other a school book Candice had ordered. Sooooooooo, I printed out a picture of it and put it in her card. I'll be waiting and watching for it though...
Surprise! a kitty just like liv's!


Meg's a doll...
love her just like one of my girlsAaron is a good guy and is very sweet with her



Flowers from Aaron...so pretty!


What a fun night. I sure do love this girl! I was looking on face book and there was A LOT people wishing her a happy birthday! She has so many friends...I haven't really come across anyone who doesn't love her. She is about the most kind hearted person I know. She is genuine and honest and real. She is a great friend and even more dedicated to her family.
She has a love for her siblings that is something pretty special. Listening to them talk and laugh together just makes my heart happy. They are all totally involved in each other's lives and are always there for each other..listening, laughing, comforting and encouraging each other.
She is always there watching out for her mom ...she calls me every day and acts interested in what I'm doing even if it is very boring. She will go places with me that I know she doesn't really want to, but she doesn't want me to go alone. She invites me to go places with her that are important to her and I have enjoyed every minute of it. How great is it that your daughters can grow up to be your very best friends!
I love that she is going back to school...she is always reading a book and wanting to learn something new....cooking, sewing, knitting, and now geography and math! Pretty proud of her.
I'm just pretty proud of the special person she has grown up to be. Beautiful...inside and out!

4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Happy birthday, Candice! I don't think it was luck that brought you and your Mom together. I'm so glad you take the time for relationship building!

Holly said...

She really is a great gal! Hope you had a great birthday Candice!

lessdirtydirt said...

Ah mom that was really sweet. I love you.

Angie said...

Yay the cat treats made it! I had to get it when I saw them totally Candice! You were so lucky to get 4 great kids and I got 4 amazing cousins:)