Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nice Tie


So...the brethren may need some supervision when handling machinery with potentially harmful capabilities.

Kelley came home from bishopric meeting the other night carrying this tie and laughing to himself. What the heck? As he described what happened to me I could just picture the whole thing playing out. Just like in the cartoons.

First of all these guys have way to much fun at their meetings. He said Gordon was vaccuming the clerks office and Kelley was going to move the paper shredder aside so he could clean under it. As he leaned over it his tie went down and touched the start up mechanizim and it started sucking his tie into the machine. He found the off button and shut it down but was still stuck in the machine with his face about a foot away from getting shredded with his tie. They were all laughing so hard that the Stake Presidency came down to their office to see what was going on. His tie was pretty well stuck so they took it off of him and found a reverse button to get his tie out. There was talk of framing the tie and suggesting that this is what can happen to you if you don't do your home teaching. Heaven help our ward.

4 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Too funny, I love it.

kat said...

Are you kidding me? Why haven't I gotten a phone call about this event? I live in Cali, I'm not dead! That is the most hilarious thing I've heard all week!

Camille said...

SHUT UP! We always laughed at the little sign on the shredder at my work that has a picture of a tie crossed out on it! I guess there is a reason they put it on there! HA HA HAHAHAHA!

Camille said...

PS. I think God knew what he was doing when he shredded that silly sunflower tie! Time to let go of that one!