Monday, December 29, 2008
















I have been trying to catch up on some things that happened these past few weeks and this was a memorable one for me. We always get together around mothers birthday and celebrate (89 this year!) and make our christmas candies. We had decided on the 20th of december but as it approached there was a lot of talk about a big storm that was supposed to happen. I awoke to just a cloudy, very windy day so I decided to go for it. I got up to clearfield and it was like driving into a wall of snow. I picked up Teina and she about blew away getting from her house to the car. We decided we would just go until it got to bad to go farther. By the time we reached the canyon, it was a white out. I knew the Yukon went pretty good in the snow, so we went for it. It was pretty scary. I couldn't tell if I was on the road or not so I just went down the middle. A big semi came up behind me and started honking and I thought he was going to run over the top of us. I moved over as much as I dared and he zoomed past me glaring at me. We kept going and finally made it to moms. I heard later of 2 semi's that had jack-knifed in the canyon that day...I bet he was one of them.




We had a real fun time celebrating mom's birthday. Well worth the scary drive. It is such a blessing to our llives that we still have her with us. I never stop learning from her. She has such a wonderful loving spirit about her, it just lifts me up to be around her. These are a few pictures I took that day.




3 comments:

Angie said...

I love the pictures! Looking at grandma you would never think anything was wrong with her. She is so sweet and looks so soft in that sweater:)

lessdirtydirt said...

Mommy that didn't happen today. I'm glad you survived the journey. I dont know if I had ever stayed awake the entire time on the way to Grandmas until the other day... way too scared to sleep.

Camille said...

Mom you are so brave to go up there on a snowy day! I love the pictures and I wish I could have been there to eat all your yummy treats! XOXO