Sunday, December 21, 2008



















OK OK I'm doing it! No wait this is really fun. Why didin't I do this before? Candice and Camille have really been after me to start a blog and so here goes.





This is a picture of the family up in the Uintas where we went to cut down our christmas tree. It was quite the adventure. We went on thanksgiving weekend while everyone was home. Jamie had told us about cutting a christmas tree in this place called Christmas meadow. It sounded real cute but there was nothing cute about getting there. We drove for what seemed like forever, then when we got up into Evenston, the roads changed into a sheet of ice. It was really scary...mostly because I was driving. Kelley was in his truck with Katie and Candice and K.C. and I had Kellen and Camille and Olivia with me in the Yukon. I put my car into 4 wheel drive and it went a little better but Kelley's truck wouldn't shift into 4 wheel so he was sliding all over the place. We crept along till we got to a place where they would let us cut trees and all piled out and went on the hunt. Jamie's family found a beautiful blue spruce but I think it was the only one on the mountain. We were having a hard time finding anything that didn't look like it was straight from Charlie Brown's Christmas.


Kellen went off in a different direction and found a pretty good looking one. So we went with that. Olivia was so great up there. Didn't mind the cold and just wanted to crunch crunch in the hard snow. I could just eat her up. All in all it was a really fun day. I love it when the family can all be together!

No comments: