Friday, July 29, 2016

Man that week goes by so fast!  Katie and I walked down the beach to 25 looking for the Wright family cause we heard they were staying there and found Charlene and Amy.  We had such a nice visit with them.  It was fun reminiscing about when Amy and Katie were young.  They were pretty inseparable and made up clubs and collections  and were so silly and funny together.  Charleme and i spent a lot of time together too and she became one of my dearest friends.  Later that day Kelley, KC and I were still down on the beach and Carla, Bryan, and Stix came walking by.  They were just getting there for the beginning of their week at newport.  It was good to visit with them too.  I wish we could work it out to all be there together like we used to.  I sure have a lot of wonderful memories of our families spending this magical week together on the beach, and I know my kids treasure those memories too.   


 I was thinking it would be nice to have our family picture taken since we were all there so we got cleaned up and asked Dan if he would be our photographer.  So needless to say, we were all pretty much hysterical in all of the pictures cause he was making us laugh so bad.  We wanted the picture down by the water at the cute new park  but as we were walking down there, Dan Says "lets do a picture right here by this tree.  We thought it would be dumb but I think that shot of Camille's family in front of the tree is my favorite!   






Aren't they just the cutest!  Many thanks to Dan for putting up with our crazy bunch.  He's just the best.


We went over to Spaghetti Factory for dinner and just had an extra fun night.  The food was great and as we were finishing up, the balloon guy came to our table and make the cutest things for the kids.  He was super talented and entertaining to watch.  He was also just funny to listen to as he made the animals.  Sam got a turtle, of course, Emily wanted a pink puppy and Liv got a shark.






 We got up early Saturday morning and got on our way home.  It was sure hard to leave those kids.  After spending the past 6 weeks with them, my heart was full but still aching to see them go back home. Liv and Sam were starting school this week so there was no prolonging the trip.  They got up a little later cause they didn't have so far to go to get home.  Camille said Emily threw up before they even got on their way.  She has such a hard time with car sickness.  
 They used the turtle I made for Sam for their mascot on the way home and said he got them through it!

 There was quite a big fire near Scipio as we drove by and I heard on the news tonight that they haven't got it under control and it's gotten even bigger.

Candice wanted to stop at the petting zoo in Scipio so we did.  The goats were pretty cute and didn't seem to even mind when Candice held them!





I sure do love spending time with my family. There really isn't anything better.   I feel so blessed to have kids that love each other and love and respect Kelley and I.  We really do just enjoy being together.  And the grand kids are the frosting on the cake!.  They bring so much joy into our lives!  Sometimes  when I sit and watch my kids and grand kids, and I see them laugh with each other, love and lift each other,  I just feel so much gratitude and love i think my hearts going to bust!  I don't know what I did to deserve this bunch, but it must have been something good.
     



No comments: