Saturday, November 1, 2014

Thursday after we got home from fishing, Candice came over to make her costume for work.  They have a big costume contest every year and she has been the winner the past several years, so the pressure was on to come up with something unique and awesome. She had seen a picture of a costume someone had made that was a paint brush and thought that would be something to try.  So she got the supplies she needed (everything but the bristles for the top because I had asked Kelley and he said he had some old brooms in the garage we could take apart and use.)  It was a little bit challenging glueing the bristles on, but Katie, Kelley and I would gather up bunches of them, then KC and Candice glued them on and it looked pretty good! 








 It didn't stay on her head very well so we made a nice chin strap. We all got the giggles when she put it on. Nothing I like better than listening to the kids all laughing together.
 She made a painting pallet too that turned out really good!


 I was totally surprised when Candice text us yesterday and said a girl dressed up as "sharknado" had won.  Oh well,  we had some good laughs  putting it together anyway
 I decided to get a head start on the popcorn balls so I wouldn't have to be doing them all day on Halloween so I started popping corn.  I got about 6 big tupperward bowls filled, then started on the caramel.  Kate jumped in to help and would bag them up as soon as they were cool enough.  That sure made things move along a lot faster and I was grateful for her help! 
 We powered through and got them all done that night...160 popcorn balls.  It was sure a lot more fun with Katie helping me.  I have enjoyed having her here with us so much!

No comments: