Friday, September 19, 2014

I got a little behind here but I can't let another day go by without writing about Candice's birthday.  We had such a fun day.  We went for a hike to secret lake (cecret lake...not sure why they spell it like that?) It was so beautiful up there!


 hmmmmm interesting


 beautiful girls
















 So many pretty flowers along the trail





Going across this little creek, I slipped on the rocks and went right down.  Banged up my knee and shin. 

 Ha!  I made it over all these steep cliffs and rocks that were really pretty scary, then slip on the flat ground on a wet rock! We had a good laugh over that. 

 Katie and Kelley were out in the garage working on their furniture and came up with this idea for Candice to have a little herb garden.  It really was the cutest thing. Katie found some of grandma's old silver spoons and  hammered them flat. Then she stamped the words "chives, cilantro, parsley and mint" on each spoon for a marker. Then we went to Trader Joes and got the cute little herb plants.  It really turned out nice.  Katie never ceases to amaze me with her clever ideas.
 Oh, then Katie wood burned this sweet quote on it. 
 Later that night we went to Macaroni grill for dinner.    While we were waiting for our dinner, Katie suggested we all tell Candice something special we love about her.  It wasn't hard to come up with good things to say about Candice.  She is kind of special. 

 Then we came back to the house for birthday cake and ...arm wrestling?  I don't know how it got started, but I arm wrestled Candice first.  It was really hard, but I beat her!  Then Kate and I gave it a go and she beat me easily.  KC and Kate went next and KC dominated. (Kate held him up for bit though...she is really strong!)
 Then KC and Kelley went for it.  Kelley was just like "bam" done.  I don't think KC was expecting that.  He said "I didn't know what the secret was...lets do it again"  So I guess he learned the secret is to not hesitate.  Ha!
 Manly man arms.  KC's cute little muscles of a couple years ago, have grown to be massive man arms.
 Kelley still beat him, but KC held him off for several seconds the second time.





Love this girl so much.  She is the most tender, loving, compassionate big hearted person I know.  She always takes time for family and friends, and even complete strangers if they need some help.  She is a great listener and doesn't judge people.  Accepts everyone and looks for the good in them. She's funny as all get out and clever as can be and keeps us all laughing.  Those are just a few reasons why she is loved by so many.  I sure feel blessed to be her mom.

No comments: