Thursday, March 28, 2013

We have been living in an eternal winter.  Last week looked like this.
Seriously got super cold again too....like in the 20's????  I had taken all my cute geranium starts outside  and put them on the picnic table cause I re- potted them and there wasn't room for them in the window sill.  Had to cover them up to keep from freezing. Really not OK.

 
The thing about spring weather in Utah though is that it can change in a
minute.  I woke up to this beautiful sight this morning.  I had a small epiphany and realized how much more I appreciate the warm sunshine and the pretty flowers after having to wait for them for so long.  I guess that's how it is with everything...if it's just there all the time, and you don't have to wait or work for it,  you get to where you to take it for granted.
I hope to always show gratitude for all the good things in my life, the many blessings I have now, and those that I hope and wait for (mostly for my kids...seeing their dreams come true is my greatest desire)
 
 I taught the lesson in YW on resurrection on Sunday.  There is so much to talk about and the girls had some questions so before I even got through half the stuff I had prepared, the time was gone.
So for our activity last night, I thought it would be good to make these resurrection eggs.  Years ago, Travis brought us a little basket full of these at Easter time.  I thought it was pretty meaningful and helped me understand a little better what Christ went through for us.  I had the girls put their own little set together and asked them to share it with their families.  They seemed to like the idea.  It was a little work, but a good activity.




 
KC came home from a ward missionary dinner and looked so handsome I just had to take some pictures.  He doesn't really like to get his picture taken.


Sure am proud of this guy...he's working hard at school,  and  enjoys his calling as a ward missionary.  He goes out visiting people all the time...most of them he doesn't even know.  I admire that so much.  That's not an easy thing to do but he never complains about it. 
He always takes time to sit and talk to me and makes me laugh...( he has a great sense of humor...a lot like his dad) and I never know when he's going to jump out and scare me ( seriously paranoid coming in the back door)....(him and Kelley get a big kick out of that...they will be sorry one day when I kill over dead  cause they scared me so bad!)
Anyway, he's kind of a special kid.  Love him a lot.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I hope Utah is done with the snow now its getting old. Bring on the springtime and summer!