Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kelley took me to a fun pot store Saturday afternoon.  It's out south on State Street and kind of hidden.  It was fun to walk around and see all the cute things they have...and I got a lovely pot!

Kelley has been working on the pond, trying to get it put back together without any leaks.  Couldn't remember quite how it was before, so we made up a new waterfall.  Kelley is sure patient while I'm saying..."I think that big rock would look better over there...") Anyway, it turned out real nice!  Thanks to Rick for helping out too!


Putting the truck in the garage...not as easy as it sounds.  First we had to make a spot for it....which spot was packed with all the wonderful things I brought home from mum and daddy's place!  So first we organized the upstairs in the garage...took a load of stuff to the dump ( first time I had been there...very stinky and interesting!)  then moved all the things from downstairs upstairs.  Cleaned up the spot for the truck...then pushed it in there. KC's friends were over so they helped Kelley push while I steered.  It was very hot in the truck and it was quite a workout turning that steering wheel.  I came out drenched, but pleased with my backing skills.  My sisters wouldn't believe I could back up after watching me try to back out of mum's driveway, (that's a whole (very funny) other story) but when it comes to parallel parking or maneuvering into a tight spot, I'm not too bad!


We stopped at the Home Depot on the way home and picked up some mulchy stuff for the rock garden.  Kelley throws those bags of mulch like they are nothing. 

Kelley and KC were chopping the rest of the wood and I was helping them haul it over to the wood pile and stack it there.  KC had come over to help me unload a wheel barrow  full and we were talking and laughing.  Next thing I know there is this stabbing pain in my toe.  I didn't see it coming, but a log had dropped off the top of the pile and landed right on my toe.  I was laughing, crying...thinking it had just got  a good smack, waiting for the pain to subside, but it kept hurting really bad.  KC was really sweet..."it's really cut mom...I'm so sorry that happened...lets sit you down"  and he helped me over to the chair to sit down.  Kelley saw I was hurt and came right over to help.  He ran in the house and got a ice pack to put on it.  Then after looking it over, he wanted to put a pin through my nail  to release the pressure of the blood building up.  I don't think so.  It was already feeling like there was a red hot poker going through it.  I was really being a boob, but the pain was pretty intense.  I started to feel light headed and nauseated, so I laid down for a little while.  It seriously took a good half hour for it to stop throbbing.  Then there was just occasional stabbing pains.  Kelley cleaned it up and put some neosporin and a band aid on it. What a dumb thing...gosh you must have lots of nerves in your toes...that hurt like the dickens.



Can't begin to say how much I love these guys.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Your toe looks so painful! I hope it gets feeling better soon. That pot store looks really neat! I love what you guys do to make your yard so pretty!