Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We had a real nice conference weekend.  Friday morning, Brother Larsen ( our sealer) called me and asked if he could come and get the things I had from daddy's mission.  He said he was going to his mission reunion that night and wanted to share it with the other's that had served in Tahiti.  So he came over a while later.  He was really happy to see all the books and things daddy had saved.  He told me what each one of them were, and said they had been looking for some of these for a long time.  It was neat to see his face light up as he picked up each book and thumbed through the pages....'Oh I remember this!" or "I had one just like this"  When I showed him this picture,  he said he had seen it before, from this man who was there the same time as daddy (the one who is putting the history together). When he thumbed through daddy's journal, (that had the name of the island he was serving on at the top of each page) he said "Oh I was there, and I served there too, I was on this island when I was mission president, and I loved that place!" It was pretty cool to listen to him read some of the letters that daddy had saved from people he had taught the gospel to over there.  I didn't hear daddy speak much Tahitian...a word or two, but not much more than that.  So it was great to hear Brother Larsen read a little from daddy's journal (parts are written in Tahitian)  It was almost like having daddy there with me. 

So glad Katie could hitch a ride to AZ to spend the weekend with Camille's family.  Wish we could have all been together.

I had gotten a couple of tickets to conference, Sunday afternoon session ( sadly, only two) and decided to let KC and his friend Nelson go.  I was supposed to take dinner in to a family at 5:00 and didn't think I would be able to get home and get things together by then. 
Doesn't he look handsome?
The conference talks were all so good and the music was amazing!  My bucket has been refilled!
So happy to have Candice spend the day with us.  She is just like a ray of sunshine and always brightens my day when she visits. (She was having terrible hay fever Sunday and I felt so bad for her.)
We pulled off some excellent flapping though.


 I realized Sunday that it was only one week till Easter and my bunnies were still in their boxes!  Like I said before...I don't know where the time goes!  Anyway, I got a few things out yesterday and sent this picture to Olivia, saying we are all anxiously awaiting their arrival!  Counting the days!

 This sight took me back a year ago...these daffodils are right out the bathroom window.  While I would fix mum's hair, she would look out and say how beautiful they were.  I know she was missing sitting in her kitchen, looking out her own window at the beautiful spring flowers that come each year in her rock garden. One day while she was looking out at them, she said she should be getting home to work in her garden.  That broke my heart.  I picked a huge bouquet of daffodils and brought them in the house and set them right there by her.  She was always so appreciative of every little thing I did for her.  "Oh my goodness, those are the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen!"
Miss her.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so awesome that you found someone that knows how to read grandpa's stuff. I have always been curious as to what it said. I loved conference that is really neat KC could go. Your bunny collection makes me smile! love ya