Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yesterday while I was out doing a little shopping, I noticed via my phone that I had an email from Leslie. I got a sick feeling when I saw it that something was wrong. So I tried to log into it on my phone...20 minutes later, I got it to come up and my feelings were confirmed.
She said when she had gone over to moms for lunch, the home health lady had written her a note saying that when she had got there in the morning, she had found mom on the floor and in a pretty bad way. She said her knees were all red and swollen, so she must have fallen. Leslie said it looked like maybe she had had a small stroke cause her eyes were kind of heavy.
Mom told her that she was fine though and that nothing had happened. Leslie tried to get her to the bathroom, but she had no strength in her legs at all. She said she had to practically carry her. After they made it to the bathroom, Leslie told her that she shouldn't try to go to the bathroom by herself anymore and mom agreed.
Also , they couldn't get her tv to work, so all she could do was just sit there.
Oh man that just made me want to cry! She needs someone to be with her all the time now.
I told Leslie and Brenda when we were together on Saturday that I am ready and all set up to have her come to my house to live. Kelley is totally fine with the idea...in fact, every time I go up there he tells me to bring her home with me.
I know it's just not that easy...but we can work out the details.
Anyhow, after I read that, I tried to call mom. No answer. ok, now I was really freaking out. The phone is sitting right next to her. So I called Leslie, but she was in court at work, so I called Brenda..she was at work too. So I called Teina. She didn't answer either.
I hate being so far away from mom that I can't do anything to help her!
So I called Kelley and told him what had happened. I really needed someone to listen to me at this point!
He calmed me down and I went home. Didn't feel like shopping anymore. When I got home Teina called me. She said she had noticed I had called . She had read Leslie's email and was concerned about mom too. When I told her I had called there and she didn't answer, she said she was going to try to call again. She did and got no answer too. So she called Les at work too. By this time Leslie had got my message too and we were all freaking out, so she went right over to moms.
She found her sitting there on the couch, head tipped back, sound asleep. She woke her up and asked her why she didn't answer the phone. She said she hadn't heard it ring. The phone is literally right next to her hand and it rings pretty loud! Oh dear.
While she was there Leslie called comcast to see if she could get mom's tv to work. They tried everything over the phone, but with no luck, so a repairman is coming out today. So she turned on the radio for her to listen to so she wouldn't be so bored. She helped mom get to the bathroom and then got her situated to be as comfortable as possible. My sisters are truly angels.
Brenda was going to go over there today too so Les said they would see how she was doing today and let me know. In the past, when she has had these small strokes, she will be really weak for awhile, then regain her strength. I sure hope that happens for her now.





No comments: