Friday, October 4, 2013

 I sure had the nicest day yesterday.  We have been trying to work out a day when all of us sisters can get together  ( It's been a long time!) and kind of spontaneously found yesterday would work for  everyone.  I was glad because otherwise we would have to wait till the end of the month.
I had finished Brenda's picture a long time ago, but needed to frame it.  It always pulls at my heart strings when I read over the words and recall memories of what will always be my home.
I think I will make one for me now!
 I picked up Teina and we met Leslie and Brenda at Applebees..  We probably aggravated the waitress cause we stayed and talked so long, but we had a lot of catching up to do!
Then we went out to the car and had a little birthday celebration for Brenda.  Leslie brought this cute birthday cake that was yummy for dessert.

 Brenda has been typing  mum and daddy's journal into the computer so we will all be able to have a copy of them.  She shares things that are special from them every once in a while.  Yesterday she read to us a couple days back from 1956.  Daddy was talking and said how they had gone over all the bills for that month and realized there was no way they were going to have enough money to pay them and pay the tithing too.  Then he said they will pay the tithing first...that he was so grateful for all the good things the Lord had blessed him with, he is happy to pay his tithing.  ( I wish I could remember exactly how he said it...he has such a great way with words)
Then the next day he was saying how his milk truck had broke down.  He needed a part for it so he knew he had to get it...he had to have his truck to do his job everyday...and he never missed a day!  He went to get the part and they said it was going to be 25 dollars!  Plus they had to order it in which would take several days.  He needed it right now and sure didn't have the money so he decided to go check at the auto junk yard.  He happened to come across this very part he needed...in perfect condition.  He changed the part and the truck sailed along just like new!
I don't think I'll ever stop learning or being influenced by my good parents example.

We went to a fun boutique at the Weber county Fairgrounds.  I love the fall colors and decorations and just getting to spend time with my dear sisters.

No comments: