Friday, July 27, 2018

Oh how I love these summer days! They are going by all too quickly for me!  
Now the garden is giving us all kinds of goodies!  It's been so fun to be able to pick all the different lettuces, kale, spinach, radishes, raspberries, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, beans and of course crookneck squash.  We've had yummy squash the way mum used to do fried in eggs about every other day!  


 And how cute are these two sunny sunflowers!
They are growing all over in the garden and just make me so happy!
We went out to dinner to celebrate Katie's birthday Monday night.  She chose Texas Rhode house which is always delish.  Jackie and KC met us there and we had a fun dinner.    

We were in Lake Powell on Katie's birthday and had a little celebration there... I[ll do another post on that!
 My little sweeties started school on Tuesday.  Olivia is in middle school and Emily and Sam are going to a new elementary school that they just built there quite close to Camille's house.  Gosh I can't believe how grown up they are all getting!  Olivia will be going to Young women's in a couple months!  

We had a fun day at racquetball celebrating Pat's birthday.  I can't believe she is 70 years old!  She still beats all of us easily!  She has had some health challenges but is never one to complain about it, or let them keep her from doing what she wants to do.  She's one of those special people who is a friend to all and makes everyone around her feel special and loved.

 Ha ha!  We sounded pretty bad!

 Yesterday we got together to celebrate Brenda's birthday.  It was such a fun day!  I picked up Teina and we drove to Logan to see Brenda's new house.  Her and Dennis moved to Hyde Park a couple months ago. Denise is going to be staying there while they go on their mission.  Angie is going to come stay there too in November.  
Brenda showed us all around her house and it's really lovely!  They have plenty of room for all the family when they come to visit now and a big yard to play in! It's a big change from their secluded home in Mantua with neighbors all around but She seems happy with it. I should have taken pictures there, they have decorated it so cute.
We went to lunch at Angies restaurant for lunch then up to the Aggies creamery for an ice cream cone!  It was so fun to spend this time with my sisters! The more I talk to people, the more I realize and appreciate the blessing it is so have these dear sisters and the fact that we all love and support each other through whatever life brings us.  I know not everyone has this and I'm mighty grateful for it.   



No comments: