Saturday, August 22, 2015

I love technology

Ok are you ready for this?  I am blogging from my phone!  I can't even blog from the computer without jumping through at least 10 hoops and having 3 tantrums  and asking  KC or Candice for help because my pictures won't come up or got lost somewhere between my phone and the computer.   Ha ha. Now all my pictures are right there ready for me to reach out and pick them!  
The kids have been trying to get me to get an iPhone for years...telling me how great their phones are and how it can do so much more than my android. I noticed that when we were doing a group text, a lot of times I would only get random parts of the message...and would not get Camilles videos. But the thing that I really wished I had was FaceTime. I would see Katie blowing kisses to Emily and would be dying to be able to do that too. 
I have really liked my androids though so it was hard to give it up, plus I didn't want to be all wasteful and get a new phone when my old one was working just fine   So I wasn't planning on getting a new phone at all.  I was just going with Kelley to get him a new phone. He has needed a new one for so long it was just a joke. Every day he would get up and say "I'm going to get a new phone today...I've had it with this one!"  But then he would get busy and another day would go by without getting a new phone.  This has seriously been going on for  at least 6 months  so now when he would say it, we would just laugh. 
So while we were in California, we decided this was the time to go get a phone for Kelley.  Kate was with us too and had already talked Kelley into getting the iPhone. I just went to support him and to have them look at my Xperia phone cause I wasnt getting all my messages from people. When the guy looked at it, he said it had an old SIM card in it so he put a new one in and said it would work better now. Then I heard him talking to Kelley, telling him what a great deal he could get by trading his old phone. He would actually be paying less every month than what he had been paying. So after Kelley was all set up with a new phone. I asked them what kind of a deal I could get.  He said if I traded my phone in, I could get a killer deal too. So I decided to go for it!  We both got the iPhone6 plus (it's pretty big but I like it) 
While we were waiting for them to finish up the paper work, I opened up my new phone  and was texting the kids telling then I had a new phone. Katie had already told Camille because all the sudden, I hear a different ring,and the screen opens up and there is Camille and Emily smiling at me!  I was so overwhelmed and happy, I just cried!    As we were leaving, the guy at the T-Mobile store said I should do a commercial for them.  Ha!  
So Ive been learning all the things this phone can do since then and really loving it. Kate was a big help in getting it set up And learning how to use it. We actually got them on our anniversary day and I think it was the best gift we could have given each other!

No comments: