Friday, August 1, 2014

A few other things going on around here...
The garden is doing really well!  When I went out to pull weeds yesterday, the vegies had grown so much!  I was able to pick a little bowl of strawberries, (I was thinking how neat it was that when I looked at the strawberries, I couldn't see any fruit at all...but when I lefted the leaves, there they were!  God is sure smart hiding the strawberries behind the leaves so the birds don't get them!...Well, He's God, so that makes sense, but it just struck me how He thought of everything.  And don't even get me started on the bees...they are such a testiment to me that God created this world and every amazing thing in it.) some yellow squash and three heads of broccoli!   Kelley has already done a batch of salsa with the peppers.  They are coming on like crazy.  No ripe tomatoes yet, but lots of beautiful peppers.  I really think the difference in the yield is due to the bees.  They are very happy back there in the garden buzzing around pollinating everything.
 It's funny how these peppers grow "up"



 Caught one in action right here...
 We ate broccoli and yellow squash (dipped in eggs and fried like mum used to do...that's my favorite!) for dinner and it was so good!  It sure gives you a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you grew it yourself!  No weird pesticides or preservatives!

 Kelley and Katie have been working hard out in the garage on their wood projects...many hours of sanding to get the wood into shape!  They wanted to do some hairpin legs for one of the tables and have been trying to figure out how to bend them evenly.  They went and talked with Lynn Johnson who is a master at this and he gave them some good advice...but then said there was no magic trick to bending them evenly...it just takes a lot of experience.  So they are still working on that...

 KC and Taylor tried to help them figure it out all mathematically, but there is no perfect science to it because the steel actually stretches as it bends


 Lizzy supervising


No comments: