Friday, August 23, 2013

Well it's been about two months since I've blogged but it's not because nothing has been happening.  In fact it's been a most eventfull, lovely summer.   I'm not sure how I will ever catch up so I'll just do the best I can to remember the highlights...I've got a lot of pictures so that will help!
Maybe I should start with the latest and go backwards...that might be easier to remember...
Last night we had bunko over here in the back yard. (ahhhh wish I would have taken some pictures!)
I didn't realize when I signed up for couples bunko that it would end up being the same week as the luau...A little bit stressful, but it actually turned out kind of nice because we had the yard all  luau ready a few days early. 
I just can't say enough how I appreciate Kelley and KC. They have worked so hard getting everything in shape.  Yesterday when they were working on the pond (draining and power washing...isn't Kelley cute in his waders?)  I  thought I am just the luckiest girl ever to have these two! They are just the best!
I had a bunch of running around to do yesterday..last minute things for dinner and I had procrastinated getting all the gift cards for bunko prizes. I don't know why its so hard for me to get things done these days, but I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off right up until people started showing up.   Kelley was a dear and made some yummy salsa to go with our dinner. We decided to go with the Mexican food, people seemed to like that last year.  I kept having this flashback though where as soon as we put out the food, there was an attack of wasps.  I told Kelley about my fears and he got the wasp spray out and sprayed in all the places we had seen wasps.  I was still worried so I stopped into Lowes and bought this wasp attractor that I hoped would draw them away from our eating area.
Well when I brought the food out, the wasps swarmed in just like clockwork.  Oh man I didn't know what to do!  Then Stacey said to get out my dryer sheets and put them around the table....she had seen on pinterest that that repels the wasps.  So I grabbed a handful and laid them around and it really worked!  I couldn't believe it!  The wasps just left!  I was so happy and grateful Stacey had thought of it! Hooray for Pinterest!
We had just started playing bunko when we heard thunder in the distance.  The clouds had been building all afternoon, but it was still pretty hot and muggy. The wind started blowing and sent things flying, but we were not too worried about it.  Then we started seeing flashes of lightning in the distance and a few raindrops started falling.  I looked around and could see it wasn't going to blow over any time soon, so I suggested we move under the patio.  Everybody grabbed the tables and chairs and in just a few minutes were were all set up under the patio and out of the rain.  By this time it had really started coming down...I was sure glad  we had a space big enough to fit everybody...it was tight but we all got out of the rain!  We got quite a show from mother nature...the lightning was really spectacular! 
:Later in the evening the ambulance and fire truck came down the canal road with their sirens blaring and stopped just a little way down the road from us... (kind of a rare occurrence) we thought there must have been an accident or a fire, but then today I saw on face book that Edo Rotinni had passed away and I'm sure that's where the ambulance had stopped.
It was a fun night...seems like as much as the guys complain about it, they seem to have a good time too.  :Love these ladies like sisters...taking to them you realize that each one has her own battle she is dealing with...Two of the ladies didn't show up tonight because of it.  Glad we have each other to put our arms around and either lift or be be held up by.

No comments: