Monday, January 14, 2013

Some simple but sweet things that have warmed my heart these last few days...
Flowers from my honey...so cheerful and pretty!  That really brightened my day.  He's always doing nice things like that for me. Just little thoughtful things ..like driving right up to the door of where ever we go and letting me out so I don't have to walk far in the snow or cold. 
I appreciate how hard he works to support our family.  He's been over at the shop in west valley pretty much all day and into the night every day last week, trying to get the building done so the new renters can move in.  I went over and watched him paint the other night for a while. He is kind of a perfectionist when it comes to painting.  He is teaching KC a lot while he's been over there working with him.  This is good stuff to know...but I'm pretty sure KC is glad he is not going into construction for his career.
I got a text from Camille the other day that just filled my heart.  One of those moments when I just had to stop and thank the Lord for this sweet little grand daughter and for her good parents that are teaching her to always turn to her Heavenly Father. 
Camille wrote this...
"Rose got out today when I went to pick up Liv from school.  when we got home she was gone.  Liv had a complete melt down.  We searched the neighborhood for her and couldn't find her so we came home to get in the car and Liv wanted to say a prayer.  We did and when we pulled out off our street, we saw a guy and two kids walking around with her looking for her owner. Liv is my hero."
I think Camille is my hero.  She has had a hard week. A good friend of hers took her own life.  Such a sad story.  This was a vibrant young woman with two little kids the same age as Liv and Sam.  A while ago, she was in a freak bicycle accident that left her paralyzed  from the waist down.  She seemed to be handling it OK.  Camille had been going there every week and helping her out and cleaning her house and had no idea she was this sad. She got a call from Bev last Saturday, telling her what had happened and was so shocked and saddened. Come to find out this woman had some pretty bad  problems even before she became paralyzed. My heart aches for this family. I am thankful for the example Camille is to me of reaching out to, loving and caring for those around her.
Sunday was a real nice day. Started out with Stake conference.  We have been practicing as a stake choir to sing a few numbers.  This one "I know my Redeemer lives" (a version I had never heard before) was just amazing.  Had a hard time getting through it the words are so beautiful.  Anyway, we left when conference was half over to go listen to KC talk in his YSA ward.  We got there a little late so I was glad to find two seats next to Candice.  KC was the last speaker and had about a half hour to fill.  He has been working on this talk for several weeks so I knew he was well prepared.  He gave his talk on missionary work and it was pretty amazing.  He talked about how important it is to never give up on people and how one person can change someones life.  He told the parables of the shepherd who leaves the 99 to find the one lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin, and the parable of the prodigal son and how they all relate to helping those who have fallen away to come back.  Then he talked about repentance and how the Lord is waiting with open arms to welcome us back into the fold.  The spirit was strong and his message was powerful. 
He's kind of a special kid.  Sure feel blessed to get to be his mom.
Got to spend the afternoon snuggling on the couch with Candice.  Love to sit and visit with her, catching up on what's going on in each others lives. She always brightens up my day!   It's so cold outside...we decided to get the fire going. I chopped some kindling...ha!  that's pretty funny to see me try to hit the log!  Candice got the paper all crumpled and ready and in a few minutes, we had a nice crackling fire.  We can do stuff! It felt so good and warmed us clear through.


1 comment:

Angie said...

Kelley is always such a sweetie that way. That is so sad about Camille's friend. I had a friend commit suicide and I always wondered how it got to that point. I hope you have fun on Monday!