Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall days...

 I sure do love the fall...everything about it... the autumn colors, the warm days and cool evenings,
harvesting, sharing  and canning fruits and vegetables from the garden, General Conference, getting out my fall- Halloween decorations, the smell of the house after canning apples, driving though the canyon to see the beautiful bright colored leaves, and making comfort foods like breads, pies and soups.
A few things from the past few days... Sunday after watching conference, ( I will have to do another post for conference...so many great talks!)  we went up to the cemetery to put some flowers on Maxines grave for her birthday. I picked a big bunch of zinnias..they are really pretty right now.  I think she would like them.
 KC's friend Tiffany spent the afternoon with us.  It was a real nice day.

 Merrilee had brought over a big bag of apples the other day so I decided to make some applesauce.  It sure is a lot of work for what you end up with!  Oh well, it's wonderful applesauce and Sam loves it!











Candice came over after work to help me get my fall decorations out.  It was way funner having her there!   The other day, KC helped me organize all my containers of decorations that were up on the shelf. It was quite the project!  And climbing up on that shelf is KC's favorite thing to do....wait a minute, I guess it's his least favorite thing to do....but he always does it without complaining.  It's gotten to be a joke how much he dislikes getting up there.  His head smacks into the ceiling you get your clothes all dirty and you get slivers from the shelf.  Sooooo this was going to solve all the problems!  Kelley has built me some fabulous new shelves in the garage that I can reach!  so KC handed all the containers down to me and I went through each one...got rid of some old junk I hadn't used since 1982, and after sorting and reorganizing, everything that I want to get into fit right  on the new shelves!   After tidying up  and moving some things around in the garage, we were able to fit mine and KC's car in there!    We haven't fit two cars in there for quite some time!  Wow!
 Kelley and KC brought the pumpkins we grew out front to set on the porch.  They are pretty nice ones...but can't compete with the Burns pumpkins.  Brad is in a pumpkin growing club ... they must give them steroids or something cause they are freaky huge!  Like  the kind you enter in the Thanksgiving point big pumpkin contest and win!  pumpkin envy.
 Candice's upstairs bathroom has some real problems...the worst being the floor.  Today, Kelley and KC and I went up there to put some new tile in.
It's the tiniest bathroom you've ever seen...can pretty much only fit one person in there at a time unless the other one is in the tub.
They worked hard all day while I  sat on Candice's bed and crocheted on a project I'm trying to get done.  Ha!  Hey I offered to help but there was sure not room for me in that bathroom too!
Mesha laid right on my feet. She's a sweet dog.  I felt bad for her cause her hair covered her eyes so I pulled it up in a pony tail.  Sorry Candice...I used your comb.   She must not have liked it that much...she pawed at it till it came out.  Ha!

 The floor turned out real nice.  It's amazing what a difference it made!  Just have to go back tomorrow and put the grout in.


1 comment:

Angie said...

you guys are the nicest family and help each so much I love it! That floor looks awesome! The boy reminds me of Phil always helpful never complains about anything. I love fall with the canning and decorations and cool weather.