Friday, June 25, 2010

Don't try to make up Lizzy, I'm still really mad at you!This morning, I decided I would get my lazy butt up and go for a run down the canal road. A couple of weeks ago, Candice, Kelley and I had gone for a walk around the neighborhood and had taken lizzy with us on a leash and she did really fine. Soooo I thought I would try running with her.
Put her leash on and went out the back gate. She was pretty excited at first...so many things to smell...ducks, dead critters on the road, other dogs poop, and people walking (NO!)...I can't really blame her for wanting to check everything out... I should get her out more often. Once she settled down though, she did really good! She just ran right by my side almost all the way to the end of the road.
Then all of the sudden she just stops. I pull on the leash to get her to go and she backs right out of it! Then she turns around and she is off like a speeding bullet (she can go reeeeeeely fast)...headed for home. I ran after her hollering at her to stop. She would stop, turn around and look at me, then just take off again. What a fun game! Not!
I wouldn't have cared, I knew she would go home...but I just knew she was going to get hit by a car! She's not the brightest dog and chooses to run right down the middle of the road.
Well a little red car came along and when they saw me running after Lizzy, they slowed right down...which was a good thing because Lizzy chose this time to sit down and rest...right in the middle of the road. The lady pulled right up to her and Lizzy just sat there. I was still running down the road screaming at her to get out of the road. After a few seconds, Lizzy mozied off to the side of the road. I still hadn't caught up to her and she started running for home again....right down the middle of the road. This was when I heard a big loud truck coming up behind me....and he was going fast!!! I just knew Lizzy was going to get hit. I was running as fast as I could go and screaming all the way for her to get off the road while this truck zoomed past me. It was like slow motion though. I couldn't see Lizzy anymore because the truck was in front of me..all I saw and heard was the truck screeching on his brakes and sliding side ways. I thought sure she was a goner.
I was still running as fast as I could go screaming at the top of my lungs and I saw Lizzy walk out from in front of the truck. She looks at me like "what?" turns around and heads for home again.
The guy in the truck looked at me like I was a crazy woman...I think at that point, that's what I was!...screaming hysterically and running down the road while I'm carrying the empty leash.
I finally make it to the gate and Lizzy is just sitting there waiting patiently for me. oooooooooo I was fuming...not to mention breathing so hard I thought I would throw up.

Time for a new collar...one of those ones that strangle them.
oh Lizzy, did you get thirsty? I'm so sorry


I hope I haven't over- tired you.

It's kind of like when one of the kids gets lost or does something dumb or dangerous. You're so mad, scared and worried for them...you just want to beat them for putting you through it...but then when you see that they are safe, you are so relieved that all you want to do is hug them!
Glad she's not dead. How could I ever explain that to Olivia?



1 comment:

Angie said...

I thought that was hilarious especially what you wrote under your pictures:) I am sorry you had to chase poor innocent Lizzy.